Carol Keys is a real estate attorney (admitted to the Florida Bar 1978) and is the owner of Keys Title Company, established in North Miami in 1998. She is a lifelong resident of the city, still residing in the home in which she grew up.
Named by the North Miami Mayor’s Economic Task Force as Activist of the Year in 2000, Carol has committed herself to improving the quality of life for North Miami resident’s, with a special emphasis on the more vulnerable: children and the elderly.
· University of Miami, Masters of Law in Taxation
· Cumberland School of Law, Juris Doctor
· University of Florida, Bacheolor of Science in Advanced Accounting
· University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting major)
· Miami-Dade Community College, Associate of Arts
Growing up in North Miami, Carol Keys was inspired to be actively involved in the community. She has served on City advisory boards, such as the Board of Adjustment (1998-2013), the Floodplain Committee (2002-2013), the Charter Review Board (2012-13). She has also served as past President and Director of the Police Athletic League (PAL) of North Miami, to give guidance to the organization’s variety of programs that serve North Miami’s youth.
Associations and Memberships
· The Florida Bar, member since 1978
· North Dade Bar Association, member since 1978
· Greater North Miami Chamber of Commerce; President, 2004-06; Board of Directors, 1992–present
· North Dade and the Beaches Real Estate Council, Treasurer, 2008-present
· North Miami Foundation for Senior Citizens, Board of Directors, 1996-present; past president
· Keystone Point Homeowner’s Association–President, 2013; member since 1994