Outreach & Social Media
Part-time Outreach & Social Media Internship
Pelican Harbor Seabird Station has internships available for college students interested in gaining experience and training in public outreach & social media applications for an environmental charity. Hours & scheduling are flexible, although a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week would be preferable.
This intern, under the supervision of the Executive Director, will gain experience in the use of traditional & social media outlets to engage stakeholders and the general public in the programs and services of a charity. This intern may have opportunities to participate in public outreach events as part of this charity.
Possible projects include (but are not limited to)
- Create posts on PHSS social media accounts that further public education and compel donors
- Analyze online ratings on multiple platforms to gauge public perception and community impacts
- Create multi-media resources to be used in education and on social media
- Research interactive Apps to be used at PHSS in the future
- A drug test will be required at the discretion of the executive director. This may occur at any time and for no reason or cause.
- Applicants should have no animal-related allergies.
- Previous experience working with wildlife is helpful, but not required.
- You must pass a criminal background check.
- You must commit to 12 hours per week for a three-month period (start and end dates flexible).
- Speak, read and write English
- Junior or senior standing in journalism, media relations or a closely related field.
- Be able to work politely as part of a team, and independently.
- Be familiar with MS Office applications and social media applications.
- Must be passionate about, and comfortable around, large wild animals.
- Spanish-speakers preferred
- This internship is unpaid.
- Medical Insurance is not provided by Pelican Harbor Seabird Station. Interns must carry their own medical insurance.
- Interns must sign a waiver releasing Pelican Harbor Seabird Station from liability for injury and illness occurring during the internship